Like the new look or found a problem? click here to report it!

Wednesday 20 January 2010

A Quick Hello

First of all thanks to my dad for finishing the blog that I had started before I went back into hospital.

I am indeed back in for a little while but cannot really complain as I enjoyed a lovely 2.5 months out of the place :) My best record in well over a year. Unfortunately I had to come back in as after just a week off IV antibiotics my lungs decided they didn’t want to play that game anymore and enjoyed the way the IVs made them feel. I was quite hopeful when I came off them but unfortunately my chest declined rapidly without them which is a bit disappointing but I guess it just means I’m going to have to stay on IV antibiotics pretty much until I get my transplant. Also in that week that I was unwell I lost a load of weight so I have been working on that and am as determined as ever to reach that 40kg.

I do have to say that the time I enjoyed out of hospital was fantastic and I had the BEST Christmas ever with my family even managing (as dad has said) to get to Center Parcs which right up until we were due to go was looking doubtful but I managed it and had a fabulous time.

The school project is just going from strength to strength with the total at around £62,000 seriously a MASSIVE thank you to each and everyone of you out there when I was starting this project I could have never imagined it would come together like this. God truly works miracles. We recently had a meeting with Fields of Life with the view to start building pretty soon. I am seriously so excited and just have a mental picture of all these little children walking into a proper building of a school for the first time ever and its thanks to the generosity of you guys.

Ok its probably time I headed to bed but as I leave you tonight I ask that you please remember the people of Haiti. These people had nothing to start with and there country has just been turned upside down by such disaster. Just please pray that they will continue to find more survivors. Thank you and goodnight

Love

Charlene

2 comments:

  1. Charlene - even though you have been through so much, you still think of other people in Haiti. You really are an example to us all!!!

    I'm glad your out of hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlene
    I am so sorry to hear you are back in hospital. We continue to pray for you that you will find relief, gain weight and get that transplant soon. We know you are in God's hand and His plan is perfect. Bewildering, puzzling, troubling but perfect.

    with love from up Cottage Road,
    David

    ReplyDelete