Like the new look or found a problem? click here to report it!

Monday 25 January 2010

I Can't believe I'm Posting This!!!!!

Ok I'm not going to waffle (probably the first time ever :)) but what I do want to say is never in a MILLION years could I have seen myself writing this post in January 2010. Let me just tell you a little of how this came about. As a lot of you know my health has detoriated greatly over the last eighteen months or so. April/May 2009 was a particulary bad time and the whole transplant issue had just been brought up (something which I personally really was not expecting) So anyway one evening mum dad poppa david and the girls came and took me out to Nandos @ Victoria Square(seriously in the Barr household food makes everything better!!!) and basically the topic came up of building a school in Uganda for the kids out there that don't have the luxury of going to school. Well let me tell you I went back to the City Hospital that night and could not sleep at all I was that excited about the plans.
July 2009: I was unable to go to Uganda with the rest of the family and instead spent a lovely summer in the city hospital. This is where they found the school Hidden Treasure and between facebook, emails and telephone calls between us we knew that this was the right school to build. I mean just take a look at the classroom

So I then started this blog at the end of August with a view to keep people up to date with my progress healthwise but also with the fundraising efforts and the building of Hidden Treasure Primary school.

So at present I am just home from hospital today after just a ten day stay and am feeling really good. Thanks to everyone on this blog it is thanks to you that I am feeling as good as I am because I was coming home to the news that....

Charlene's Project has raised the necessary £70,000. I actually do not know what to say apart from a MASSIVE thank you to every single one of you for your prayers, donations and support I could never in all my life have imagined that we would have the money in in the space of just five months. Isn't God great. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

So what now? Well we have been in talks with Fields of Life who are ready to start building right away. However we have been advised that it is best for the school to have a well so that the children and community can have an outlet for water and also teachers accommodation so we have moved the goal posts and are now aiming for £100,000 to meet these extra requirements and I know we can do it.

Thanks Again to absolutley EVERYBODY

God Bless as the Ugandans would say God is good all the time All the time God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment